Logo

Food for thought

modelt

Contributing Member
i just restored my 14 ft. fibergalass bass boat, replacing the entire rotted wooden floor.
not wanting to add carpet again, my thought was to place rubber innerlocking pads on the wooden floor.
i decied to use this new Rustolem, DECK RESTORE PAINT to the surface.
this stuff is greatttttttttttttttttttt.
gives a textured, non slip surface..

i just restored my 14 ft. fibergalass bass boat, replacing the entire rotted wooden floor.
not wanting to add carpet again, my thought was to place rubber innerlocking pads on the wooden floor.
i decied to use this new Rustolem, DECK RESTORE PAINT to the surface.
this stuff is greatttttttttttttttttttt.

gives a textured, non slip surface..

Ayuh,.... It seems to be the next generation of pickup bedliner type of "Stuff", with even more colors,...

The interlockin' pads are Really Expensive, 'n darn Heavy,...

Ayuh,.... It seems to be the next generation of pickup bedliner type of "Stuff", with even more colors,...

The interlockin' pads are Really Expensive, 'n darn Heavy,...

i chose the color chocolate brown
you buy the base coat and then its tinted to at least 50 different colors.
the price of the 2- gallon kit is about $32.00
Bear paint sells a similiar product, but you get only " 1 " gallon for the same price as rustolem .... you do the math ........
you must apply 2 coats.
its applied with a special knobby type roller, included in the kit.
the texture of the paint is very thick and kinda rubbery, and the roller gives you that textured non-slip surface
cleanup is with water.
i actually cut the regular size roller in half and bought a small roller holder handle.
the half size roller worked great for getting into tight areas

Thanks for sharing that. Last time I did my deck I used KiwiGrip, which runs about $140 per gallon. It took an entire gallon to do the outside deck on my C-Hawk 25 DLX (very similar to the Parker 25 XL.) It's like what you described with the Rustoleum - thick, rubbery, and used a dimpled roller. It's great stuff, and easy to put down, but pricey.

Back