Logo

1990 DT225 parts needed

BadVette

Hi all, I'm new to this forum I've looked at other boat repair forums and this looks like a good one. Anyway here goes the first post!

I've got a weird one. Have boat in shop customer some how got tilt lock lever in between the transom mounts and crushed the tilt outlet tube and cut both green and blue wires and plastic seals at base of trim motor assembly. I thought that maybe I can make a wire splice and fab something to seal wires into motor, but he said that he was running the motor at one time for a while and saw smoke coming out of that area. Did the motor burn up because the fluid had no place to go, or was the smoke the wire shorting out? I don't know can't see any wires to get a good jump to, not much room in there as many of you know.

Anyway haven't been able to locate a trim motor Suzuki part #38100-87D10-0ED or just the Brush holder assy. # 31173-87E00. I did find a new after market motor on Ebay for $80.00 that is like 1/10 the price of OEM which I am leary of this ahs anyone had any experience with these? I may have no choice! other then used if I can find....
Also the tilt outlet tube pt# 48720-87D01 "BOAT.net" says is back ordered they can't give any time frame.

I'd like to have parts in hand before getting this.
Any help locating these would be of great help!
Thanks,
Karl

Back