Logo

Fuel sending unit

GusBynum

I have a 2003 Sea Ray182 SRX and I need to replace the fuel sending unit but can not locate the size! Any help where to find it?

west marine near you?i have found them to have a pretty good stock plus the got good people and can go through the books and usually order what you need...not cheap but quality stuff in the stores...they do almost no advertising in the fishing boat area...i was retired before i even knew they had a store here..i questioned them on this and they said they are geared toward the large boat business..but they take all the time in the world every time i need anything...its worth the time just to look at their inventory..especially the electronics...

There are some good universal units out there but be carefull - there are two standards depending on your make of gauge one starts high and resistance drops as tank gets fuller and the other is the reverse so you'll get some odd behaviour if you use a VDO sender with a Faria gauge.

Also had a similar symptom with one of the cheap sets - sender and gauge together - there was a rail which you screwed the sender to at half tank depth and then cut down the float arm using a formula in the table. All good except the sender had an arrow on it to make sure it's the right way up... when I couldnt figure it out I re-read the instructions a couple of times and still couldn't find it - then I saw a diagram in the spanish instructions showing the arrow pointing DOWN!

Back