Logo

80's era Johnson 6 gal tank gaskets needed

Wet Willie

Both the gaskets under the gauge/connector housing are leaking as are the connectors themselves. Can someone please steer me to a source where I can buy replacements? I'm guessing that the gasket under the gauge/connector is cork and that the cause of the leak in the connector is a dried out or ethanol-destryoed o-ring. Regardless of the material or the cause of the leaks, I need new ones. The tanks are too nice to replace and I can't justify spending more than the price of a gasket and o-ring set.
I really appreciate any help.
Wet Willie

I've taken another look at the housing since my last response and wonder how to replace the very small (ie 1/16") o-ring that goes around the smallest shaft protruding from the housing. I'm wondering if I'd be able to get by with adding another small o-ring on the outside and hoping that the pressure of the fuel line connector will be enough to cause it to seal. Otherwise, it appears that the only way to replace that seal is to pull the lead/aluminum plug that blocks access to it from the other side. Thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
WW

Back