Logo

Part Number Help

lalijaca

On my 2007 Tige fitted with a 340hp Marine Power, I went to change the water pump impeller and came across a rubber bush that fits into a bracket that prevents the crankshaft mounted pump from spinning. The bush has seen better days and needs to be replaced. I have measured the spigot of the water pump and got a measurement of 15mm. The pump is a Johnson F6B-9.Can anyone give me better measurements or a manufacturer that makes these bushes or how to fix/replace.

On further research, this is the solution I have been told to use. Get a piece of heater/fuel hose and use that. What a great fix, not. I have even tried Indmar here as the parts are the same and no one carries that little flanged rubber bush. Not happy jan!!!

The arm that surounds this bushing, is an "Anti-Torque" arm to prevent the pump body from spinning if you were to have a bearing sieze up.
The likihood of a bearing completely siezing, is minimal, IMO.

Yes, the bushing can be made from hose if the ID and OD are correct. It's just an isolator from metal to metal contact.

Be aware that both the large volume Jabsco and Johnson F6B-9 impellers are very similar in appearance.
OD, vane count, shaft splines.... are the same.

F6B-9 is 1.900" in depth..... and the Jabsco is 1.990" in depth.
That's only .090" difference. .
Parts counter people make the mistake of grabbing the wrong impeller more often than what you'd think.

As I said in my previous thread, I find it really hard to understand that the engine peoples down under don't carry these spares. The part is common for both Marine Power and Indmar. I used a piece of 1/2" fuel hose, heated it up to get over the spigot on the water pump. It fits pretty snug into the torque arm bracket. When I bought the new impeller it was for a F6B-9 (812 P/N) and it clearly stated 48.2mm height. It is the same impeller that they use in the Indmar engines in the Malibu's here in Oz. My only concern is that IMO, the vanes felt soft compared to what was pulled out. The impeller I replaced I thought the vanes were a little stiffer. Maybe due to age, they might work harden?? Will find out when I do a full water test anyway.

1. When I bought the new impeller it was for a F6B-9 (812 P/N) and it clearly stated 48.2mm height. It is the same impeller that they use in the Indmar engines in the Malibu's here in Oz.

2. My only concern is that IMO, the vanes felt soft compared to what was pulled out. The impeller I replaced I thought the vanes were a little stiffer. Maybe due to age, they might work harden?? Will find out when I do a full water test anyway

1. 48.2mm = 1.8976377952755907 in. That sounds correct for the F6B-9.

2. Yes, the previous impeller material has hardened and has lost resiliency.

Pull your impeller from the pump body during your next lay up. You will extend the life of it some.

Back