Logo

18 HP Tiller

desanmr

I am a new boat owner and new to this site.
I just bought a 1984 Starcraft 14' John Boat with an 18 HP Evinrude motor.
I would like to find out the year of it, I believe it is a 1967, but that is a guess.

I think these are the model numbers 187028 F12289.

I could not pull up anything using those numbers.

I would like to find parts for this outboard, but most sites don't go back that far.

I would like to get someone who knows a thing or two about these engines to look it over and give me some advice.

I ran the engine for the first time yesterday. It was a little tough at first but ran well after running a little bit.

The previous owner stated that I must run 93 octane gas in the motor. Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated,

Michael

An excellent motor that was basically the same from 57 to 77 , so lots of new and used parts available.-------------93 octane is not required.-------This site has the parts listing for the motor!----A 1967 model.

An excellent motor that was basically the same from 57 to 77 , so lots of new and used parts available.-------------93 octane is not required.-------This site has the parts listing for the motor!----A 1967 model.

I would like to get someone to look at the motor for me, but none of the shops want to touch it. They claim they have too much work already.
The motor runs well, I would like to get with someone to just go over common issues and show me how everything works.
I live in the Charlotte NC area.

Back