Logo

2 batteries

modelt

Contributing Member
im restoring a 14 ft. bassboat.
adding a 9.9 Evinrude with a built-in charger
i also have a transom mounted electric trolling motor.
can i mount both batteries under the bow platform floor and run the wiring back to the evinrude and the trolling motor ?
and what gage wire should i use ?

thanks,

Rick

Yes, It's a good idea to place batteries forward for better weight distribution and battery protection. Use 4 gauge wire. If you can find marine grade wire, use that. The individual strands are tinned, which keeps it from corroding. If you have not bought your batteries yet, get the ones that have an auxiliary post that accepts a wing nut. Throw away the wing nut and substitute a lock nut. If you already have your batteries, you can find aftermarket post brackets that have the threaded post.

Yes, It's a good idea to place batteries forward for better weight distribution and battery protection. Use 4 gauge wire. If you can find marine grade wire, use that. The individual strands are tinned, which keeps it from corroding. If you have not bought your batteries yet, get the ones that have an auxiliary post that accepts a wing nut. Throw away the wing nut and substitute a lock nut. If you already have your batteries, you can find aftermarket post brackets that have the threaded post.

thanks for the info.
makes a lot of sense

Rick

Back