Logo

charging 2 on board batteries

modelt

Contributing Member
my plan is to charge my 2 on board batteries with an external battery charger.
does anyone know of a source of a " plug " that both the negative and postive leads from the batteriescan be secured to the back of the plug.
and my charger leads plug into the front of the plug ?

thanks,

Rick

Do you have a battery selector switch already installed? It will have 4 positions - OFF, BATTERY 1, BATTERY 1 & 2, BATTERY 2. If so, put that switch on BATTERY 1 & 2, and hook you charger to either battery's negative post (the negative posts of each battery should be directly connected to each other) and either battery's positive post and charge away. If you don't have a battery selector switch, then install one, and charge as described above.

if i am reading your question correctly you want to wire a plug or receptacle from the batteries so you dont have to get into the battery compartment every time you charge batteries?if so then i use a trolling motor plug thats added to a battery charger... just unplug the trolling motor and plug the charger in is what i use it for when the boat is in the water...the plug is in the front of the boat so its convenient...there is no reason why you could not get both the plug and receptacle and do the same thing to any battery(s)...those things are not cheap though...you actually could do the same thing with a regular house wiring receptacle box...if the boat is in salt water you need to spray either with a battery corrosion inhibitor occasionally..

another little thing you can do with a plug rigged like that is make an emergency 12volt light that you can plug in...make the cord the length of the boat so you can get anywhere with it..

Back