Logo

battery size

Ask the question on the Johnson/Evinrude forum on this site, or find the owners manual which will tell you the cranking amps you should have.

Note that Chris said not maintenance free....there is very little internal discharge in a maintenance free battery....the book on that motor calls for something like a 380 battery..i dont think you can even buy one that small in a marine battery....watch your tach...if it starts cutting up with weird readings then the rectifier is about shot...i ran a 88 for 16 years....

Note that Chris said not maintenance free....there is very little internal discharge in a maintenance free battery....the book on that motor calls for something like a 380 battery..i dont think you can even buy one that small in a marine battery....watch your tach...if it starts cutting up with weird readings then the rectifier is about shot...i ran a 88 for 16 years....

Yes, Non maintenance free is what I was thinking , I decided to change rectifier while I was at it .Boat ran great this weekend thank you for all the helpful advice.

Now with new battery and rectifier volt gauge runs in the 16 to 18 range after about an hour it seems to quit charging or is it just laying in the 12 to 13 volt range,IE no fluctuation on the gauge at all like when you fist start it up. Any thoughts ?

Back