Logo

tring to figure out if 79 Evinrude is short or long shaft

kbolkids

Howdy ppl! I have a 79 55hp Evinrude model~55975c cc737. I can tinker and repair motors and replace broken parts without much trouble enough to say Im mech incline. How ever.. As for telling if this paticular motor is short or long shaft, Im having trouble figuring it out and not having much luck on finding info on this outboard as too know if its a short or long shaft. I come across a few website saying shortshaft but the majority say long. To me, by looking at it Id say shortshaft. But most searches only have longshaft comments. Haha Hope that all makes sence!! haha damn skeeters driving me nuts..lol cant consintrate on this mobile site.Any help would be greatly appreciated. (about the outboard that is.. However a trick to help reduce the skeeters will surfice at the moment also) haha jk

:cool:
Howdy ppl! I have a 79 55hp Evinrude model~55975c cc737. I can tinker and repair motors and replace broken parts without much trouble enough to say Im mech incline. How ever.. As for telling if this paticular motor is short or long shaft, Im having trouble figuring it out and not having much luck on finding info on this outboard as too know if its a short or long shaft. I come across a few website saying shortshaft but the majority say long. To me, by looking at it Id say shortshaft. But most searches only have longshaft comments. Haha Hope that all makes sence!! haha damn skeeters driving me nuts..lol cant consintrate on this mobile site.Any help would be greatly appreciated. (about the outboard that is.. However a trick to help reduce the skeeters will surfice at the moment also) haha jk

Hey Man! short shaft is 15'' long shaft is 20'' extra long shaft is 25'' . To measure yours, measure from the inside of the top mounting bracket [ the one that sit's the motor on the transom] to the flat part on top of the propeller, your measurement should be within a few inches of the 15 or 20 '' of the shaft. RoberEvin55

Back