Logo

1983 century CTS complete restoration

Jeff, Beautiful restoration. Looks like all that is left is the interior. I have the same boat ('85) that I am currently pulling all the foam out of for stringer replacement. Quick question, my stringer (at engine mounts ) have been carved out about an inch. I noticed in your pics that your stringers at engine mounts were equal in height with the rest of the stringer. Did you have to cut down the stringer for proper engine install?
I hope my restore turns out as great as yours!
John

Yes you have to notch the front and back motor mounts out. The trans. Won't line up w/ the prop shaft if you don't.

Thank you! I really love these boats and there aren't very many left! Post pics of your progress!

Yes you have to notch the front and back motor mounts out. The trans. Won't line up w/ the prop shaft if you don't.

Thank you! I really love these boats and there aren't very many left! Post pics of your progress!

Thank you for the reply Jeff. This is the boat b-4 demolition. I will get some progress pics soon....need to clean out the pieces of foam tonight. So far, I have about 15hrs into it.
..cts3.JPGcts1.JPGcts4.JPG

hello

my name is tim and i am living in hoogeveen holland
i also did a cts century
i did it in about 7 months
hell of a job but man what a boat
i have owned 3 boats before this one and did restore them also

IMG_1536.jpgIMG_1535.jpgcts 02.jpgIMG_3260 verkl.jpgIMG_2203.jpgIMG_1595 verkl.jpg

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Last edited:
I know this thread is about a year old, but I just had to register to say Im glad I am not the only person that still has one of these boats. I just finished a partial stringer replacement and am putting the 454 back in.

Back