Logo

New packing or rebuild kit for hydralic lift piston

truckerx

Got a 1990 force motor on a pontoon boat and the piston is leaking fluid and needs a rebuild- Im having trouble finding a kit for this project? also, the motor does tilt up but wont tilt back down? Relay problem?

Most times the relays just need to have the contacts cleaned. WD-40 works sometimes. Unplug and plug back in. I have the trim cylinder assy. if interested contact me. A PM works best. Send an e-mail and I'll send a pic. Inside the piston is 2 different o-rings. F654618 and FA17561-1 Mercury should be able to supply these???? If the boats ever been in salt water(profile,location) it's gonna be a bummer to take apart. I stopped using boats . net cause they screw up every order I place.But they say they have them??? CALL don't order on the net.

Last edited:
cylinder kits on ebay for three cylinder and larger outboards 1974-1991. up but not down is relay or wiring. probably relay. they are cheap. under $5 each for good ones. local auto alarm places have them. ask for one with bead of glue holding the case together.

Back