Logo

1991 Force 50 HP Shifting Issue - Pivot Screw

Boatman1947

I have a 1991 Force 50 HP Outboard. Apparently the Pivot Screw has been messed with, because when I put it in reverse it goes forward and when I put it in forward it goes reverse. Does anyone know how to fix this, does the outdrive have to be disassemble to fix or can it be "readjusted" to correct, any help would be appreciated. I can also be contacted at: [email protected] Thanks!!

Pics of the lower unit? Never heard of this before. You really shouldn't put your e-mail on the site,if someone needs to contact you you can send them your e-mail in a Private Message. More history? How long you had it? Who worked on it and what was done? If the screw was removed and reinstalled,it will need to be disasembled to repair. Fill out the profile,location.You might be close to someone who can help??.

What does your remote look like? The pic below requires the button to be pulled out to increase rpm in neutral. Do you have a left rotation prop on a right rotation drive?
Pg16_Pg17.jpg

Hello. Thanks for your response. I recently purchased the pontoon with the motor, don't really have any history on it. The prop is right hand rotation. I have disassemble the lower unit and reassembled with new seals and the shifting rod in place. The shift control unit is a US Marine but has Yamaha cables. To go into forward the shift rod need to go down but when I push the shifter to forward on the control it pushes the shift rod up and therefore into reverse. Something appears to be butt backwards...??

Back