Logo

2007 150 optimax blowing fuse?

mcgyver

Contributing Member
I cant figure this one out. Changed out batteries and rewired/tidy up some electrical. Turn the key to the on position and smartcraft meter starts up, turn to start and hear a pop/click in the cowling and not crank and smartcraft goes dead. Wait a couple of minutes and can go though the same scenario. Checked all the fuses I could find under the cowling. Obviously there is a fusable link that keeps tripping and then resets after a period of time. I cant figure out why this is happening...where do I start?

remove all the wires from the battery except the big ones going to the motor...see if motor cranks with no problem...if all the wiring you did was confined to the battery then you probably got a lead for something on the wrong post..why did you change batteries?...its possible that you got a corroded battery cable....not on the lug necessarily but the wire going into the lug....it may be getting hot when you try to crank (resistance goes up with heat) and then cooling off and letting you repeat the cycle and try again...i know of no auto reset link or breaker on this motor...

Ok, not often I do this... but I'm an idiot! Hope this can help someone else out one day. Papy..thanks... was 99.999999% sure I had checked all the connections to the batteries...lo and behold one of them (ground) was somewhat loose, tightened it down and all the problems went away......arghhhh!!!!!! something so simple. Papy triggered something with the pop coming from a loose connection...Thanks everyone...

Back