Logo

Mariner 175 EFI

chrome

Bought the motor after it has been sitting for 2 years. Wish I knew the exact model number but I cant find the plate. Replaced battery cables, hooked it to a portable fuel tank, cleaned all the filters, and replaced the fuel pump that sits in the vapor separator. The old one was gummed up beyond repair. When i bump the key it fires for only a second then nothing.

I'm pretty much lost now. Replace manual fuel pump?

On the stbd side of the motor is a shiny freeze plug somewhere on the block. It will have the model and serial#s.Do a compression/ spark test?Post the #s and the comp results. Then the fuel pump pressure test results.

On the stbd side of the motor is a shiny freeze plug somewhere on the block. It will have the model and serial#s.Do a compression/ spark test?Post the #s and the comp results. Then the fuel pump pressure test results.
Couldn't find the model #'s and cant do a compression test until next week.

A new issue has popped up. After attempting to start 2-3 times I seem to lose power to the engine. When i hit the tilt/trim the relays squall and when i turn the key i get nothing. After sitting for a few minutes it resets and everything works.

Weak battery. Check each cell w/a simple 5 ball tester. Look for clear electrolyte in each cell. If you find dirty fluid that cell is dying...buy a new battery. If all is clean fluid then put a slow overnight 2 amp. charge to the battery.

Well i popped a hot battery in and tilt/trim started working again and the motor fired a couple times. Then I walked away for a couple hours and now its doing the exact same thing.

I'm taking it to the shop.

Back