Logo

Need help on my 1980 Johnson 25Hp

coreyltexas

Ive got a 1980 Johnson 25 Hp outboard at first I was gtting no spark, then I took it to the shop and they found out that the power pack was bad and had it replaced. Now I heard some noise from under the flywheel and noticed that the stator is loose, but removing the flywheel has got me at a stand still. I have a harmonic balancer on it and it still wont budge!! Got any suggestions on how to get it (flywheel) to break loose? Any help would be appreciated BTW the motor is a J25TECSA.

Generally you tighten the 3 bolts and then you need to give the centre bolt on the puller a good belt with a hammer.-Using 3 grade 8 bolts is the best.

Thanks guys! I finally got it to come off. Did just as you guys said and pop it went! Thanks for the advice! After I put it all back together I got her to start right up too! Now on to rebuilding and cleaning the carb.

I sure did. Thanks! The reason I had to pull it was the armature plate was loose. The stator looked a little chewed up thought I was going to have to get a new one, but I cleaned it up put it back on and what do you know it works just fine! Sorry I havent replied earlier but I had bigger fish to fry:) Thanks again!

Back