Logo

Need Help 1994 Evinrude 115hp **** rod connection

FL3471

I bought a new lower unit for my 1994 Evinrude 115 hp and trying to attach the upper part of shift rod. I measured the rod height to specs but it appears to be short from the connection at the top. The **** rod is as tall as it will get. The lower unit is in neutral. Is there a trick?

I bought a new lower unit for my 1994 Evinrude 115 hp and trying to attach the upper part of shift rod. I measured the rod height to specs but it appears to be short from the connection at the top. The **** rod is as tall as it will get. The lower unit is in neutral. Is there a trick?

how short isit? can u use the old shaft? is this a Eagle engine? i had probs. with one 2 years ago - put different block on this guy's motor - intake manifold was different - so there is different lenght shift shafts!! just screw the shafts out, compare, & switch them, if u want call me 651 303 7236

well, on the 1995 models( I think the first year for the V4 eagles) they say you need to shift the rod into FORWARD before you try to install it!

on the eagle motor in 1995 the shift rod height is 26-1/4" with the shift rod in NUETRAL

but you might have a cross flow...

and it might be different than the looper

bob

I have a 1992 120 hp v4. I just had it apart last weekend changing the waterpump. When i took the linkage apart I looked in there and figured out which way was at its highest point and lowest point. I shifted it to its lowest point removed the screw, then shifted to the highest point, which lifted the little holder off the end of the gear shaft. It only leaves about an inch of gear shaft coming up, when i put it back, just use the shifter to move the holder back down on gear shaft. I could be wrong??? but if it had the wrong shifter wouldnt it be 5" to long?? I would think if it is only a half in off, it is somekind of positioning adjustment.
Hope this helps!!!
Steve

Back