Logo

1988 Johnson 110 engines

ohio boater

Ok so i own a 25 foot 1988 wellcraft 250 sportsman with twin johnson 110s that are the same age they run great and i am installing new waterpumps in the next two weeks. i am one of those people that likes to have as much data as possible on all things with my boat i have owned the boat since early 2006 it was a lake erie charter boat from new until around 2005 the guy i bought it from had no clue what to do with it so it looked terrible when i got it from port tobacco maryland outside of DC. it is now in dayton ohio and is used a a local lake with annual trips to lake erie for walleye and trips down to the ohio river for nothing but cruising. VROs were replaced two years ago and they work perfect. what i would like to know is what the optimum cruising range is on these motors as far as RPM what their fuel consumption rates should be how that matches up with their oil rate consumption and and what their max rpm should be. They have standard aluminum props original to the motors. I am also very intersted in getting any and all information on this boat which once cleaned and polished was in perfect condition structurally and cosmetically. Very pleased with this boat especially for what i ended up paying for it and what i have put into to it. I rebuilt the Eagle trailer since the guy ran a fresh water trailer in the chesapeake bay and rusted it outi'm sure it was just a couple of times but the rust was pretty bad. any help here would be awesome folks. i'll post pics if anyone anyone would like to see her.

Good simple / rugged motors.----Basically the same design from 74 to the mid 1990's Pistons from 74 to the last years are the same !--------There was a bigger centre main bearing from 79 and on.------Best cruising range is around 3500 / 4000 RPM.-----Easy to maintain motors.

Back