Logo

DF2.5 Removing engine off

Gustavo Molina

To make a long story shortDue to bad fuel, one of the valves got stuck in open position, so engine had not compression therefore it didn't start up!
I was able to remove the piston head without removing the whole motor housing, now that I cleaned the valves and they are moving freely, i don't see how I can install the 2 push rods with the rockers cause it's impossible unless you remove the entire engine off because the motor plastic holder is in the way, so I am guessing that the very top part of the engine needs to be remove.

since I don't have the manual hopefully someone here would tell me what are the steps to remove the engine, if it needs to, that means I have to remove the lower unit to disengage the gear/neutral rod?
Is that is correct? Or I don't have to do all that to install the head/valve with rods back to the engine !

Thanks

Gus
Miami Fl

Have you checked the valve for being bent ? --Did it get hit by the piston by any chance ?---I believe you need to take a careful look at this.---There should be no need to take any more apart.----------Perhaps look at installing the push rods and then setting valve lash again.

Have you checked the valve for being bent ? --Did it get hit by the piston by any chance ?---I believe you need to take a careful look at this.---There should be no need to take any more apart.----------Perhaps look at installing the push rods and then setting valve lash again.

Thanks for your reply, the valves are okay, believe it not one valve got stuck open, because there was lot of contamination on the rod that holds the valve it was not allowing for the valve to freely move, I think is due to bad gas, also on this engine they recommend to use higher grade of gas not the cheaper one!

I think that's the main reason, I am guessing when I started taken the valve head off, that's when the push rods felt off, so there is not damages,
It's my first time taking the whole engine off on this OB.
For the records you don't have to remove the lower unit.
That's one of my concerns.

Thanks

Back