Logo

Evinrude 35Hp 1985 - stalls at full trottle

fpjkoch

Hi, I just bought a 35 Hp Evinrude 1985, it starts first time and run for about 15 min. on full trottle and then it just sound like if it is smothering for 5 to 10 sec and stalls. any help on wat i can do to get this fixed?

I hope this happens while running down a waterway.
Question for you, After it stalls what does it take to restart it, (does it restart?) If you try pumping the primer bulb does it stay running or pick up RPM? Does primer bulb go very soft?

Yes it happens on see.
Yes it restarts but stalls short after it starts again. i let it stand for a will and then it starts and run normale again.
I did not pump the prime bulb as yet.

The fuel cap is lose. there is no box on the carb, do you think this can be the probleme. maybe geting some water in the carb?

Again try to pump the primer bulb when it starts to die. I had one do something like this years ago and it was a timming issue.
Fallow along;
Motor would start and run great up to 3/4 throttle, at WOT (full throttle) it would run for about a mile then the motor would slow on its own, start to pop and missfire, then quit.
Motor ran great as long as you did not run to WOT.
While testing we watched timming with a light at WOT we noticed the timming would retard by itself until issue would again happen. As long as we kept below WOT timming would not move.
After motor quit if we tried to restart ASAP it would pop etc. we let set for 5 min, it started and ran normal.
The issue was a faulty bonding material betwen magent and flywheel surface alowing magent to slide at WOT on flywheel. Replaced flywheel issue resolved, again this is a long shot.

Back