Logo

2007 Evinrude 115 Outboard Model # E115FPSIF

nick456

I am a total newb. I inherited a '97 Wellcraft Center Console w/ a 2005 - Evinrude 115 Outboard.

This motor has roughly 70 hours on it. At 60 hours it began cutting off after about 1 hour of operation. It would not run faster than idle after restarting.
I took the motor to an Evinrude dealer who has tried many different fixes but with no succes. So evetually the Evinrude Master Mechanic weighed in and said it was the Fuel Pump Assembly. Well that did not fix it either. Now they are saying its the fuel injectors.... repair cost 4K. I figured it was not worth it seeing how am already in 2K for prior fixes that didnt work. The dealership offered me 3K for the boat which I'm planning on taking.

My question - Do you think I should be on the hook to the dealer for costs that Evinrude's Master Mechanic said would fix the problem that didn't?

(sorry for the long post)

Just a Ficht engine. Get it hooked up to a computer and run the diagnostic and the real culprit might be revealed. However before forking out more money, get the 2K back from whoever claimed it unless he has documentation (comp print out!!) for why he changed what he did.

If it is an SI then it is a 2001 and not a 2005 (or '07 which the subject calls it). The dealership that did not fix the problem, if they are reputable, should repair the problem at no extra cost and take back the part that they installed on the engine in the first place. If they don't steer clear of them in the future. If they are telling you now that it is the injectors instead of the fuel pump, somebody missed some diagnostics in a big way.

Back