Logo

A 2000 25 hp lower on a 1989 30 hp motor will it fit?

If the 2000 25 HP is a 2 cylinder motor it will likely fit.----------The 3 cylinder 25 HP has a different lower unit than the 2 cylinder.

Thanks for your replies. This is my first outboard. I bought this motor cheap so expected I would have some repairs to make. I've had to do a lot of research and information gathering to make the repairs which in turn is teaching me a lot about outboards in general and Johnson outboards in particular. So thank you all that take the time to answer peoples questions...it's been very helpful to me.
Racerone my research has shown me you were right on. The lower comes from model # J25TEL3SSB. I had a hard time trying to find out what the 3 stood for. I was starting to think it was a 3 cyl but didn't know until I read your post. I looked up the gear case numbers for two other models and they matched my 89...the 3 cyl did not. Your post confirmed what my research was telling me but I didn't know that for sure until I read it so thanks again for your answer to my question.

Back