Logo

1988 15HP Evinrude Running Hot

rivins

I have replaced the impeller and the rubber grummit that conects the impeller housing to the cooper line that feeds the water to the engine.
The motor runs great but does not pee constantly. It pees strong for 3 or 4 seconds and spits a couple of times and than pees strong again.
At lower rpm's steam is coming out instead of water. I have checked the thermostat and it has been removed. Thanks for taking the time to
help.

Thanks for you Reply, I had this engine installed properly on a boat when I noticed that steam was coming out. But used a 55 gal drum cut in half with cold fresh water
running in the drum the hole time I was running the engine. I made sure there was enough water to cover the intakes and some.

Thanks for you Reply, I had this engine installed properly on a boat when I noticed that steam was coming out. But used a 55 gal drum cut in half with cold fresh water
running in the drum the hole time I was running the engine. I made sure there was enough water to cover the intakes and some.

you could also stick a small peice of wire up the pee hole to see if somethings stuck in there b4 checking the other stuff, might be as simple as that....

Back