Logo

2008 suzuki 4 stroke fuel injected.. whats the value and any known problems?

Looking at buying a used boat. The motor on it is as mentioned in the thread title. Motor is electric start, fuel injected, well taken care off, 4 stroke.

Any known problems with this motor? Anything I need to know about it?

As I understand the suzuki and yamaha are the same motor correct?

Thanks!

Suzuki is NOT the same as Yamaha !!----These 4 strokes are great when they run.-----You would be wise to get a manual and learn to do your own maintenance on one of these.--------Apparently if you hit something hard with one of these motors you damage the lower unit and also the timing chain may skip on the sprocket.----Unless you can repair that yourself it is cheaper to buy a new motor.

Suzuki is NOT the same as Yamaha !!----These 4 strokes are great when they run.-----You would be wise to get a manual and learn to do your own maintenance on one of these.--------Apparently if you hit something hard with one of these motors you damage the lower unit and also the timing chain may skip on the sprocket.----Unless you can repair that yourself it is cheaper to buy a new motor.

I'm pretty handy with a wrench and I've never damaged a lower unit lol.. So I'm ok with that. I will have no problem doing the maintenance myself.

Anything else about them I should know?

Back