Logo

Advantage?

Would it improve planing time??? Ive also heard you get a lil better performance having the plate a bit higher, this true??

Jack plates used for running in shallow water.You still need it deep to get going. Planing problems?? You probably have too much prop?? Go for ride, find out what the RPM's are at WOT. Most motors run at WOT about 5200-5500 You running too low.Too much prop. Go down in size, say from a 19 to a 17. You will probably need to move this to a prop section??

Jack plates used for running in shallow water.You still need it deep to get going. Planing problems?? You probably have too much prop?? Go for ride, find out what the RPM's are at WOT. Most motors run at WOT about 5200-5500 You running too low.Too much prop. Go down in size, say from a 19 to a 17. You will probably need to move this to a prop section??

no planing problems.. if i did though less pitch would help?

my motor(1980 j25rcs) runs like a top, no problems with it. boats a 1979 loweline(lowe) jumbo-v (actually a semi v ) just wondering if i could get a lil better performance is all.........oh and the hull is as clean as it gets.

I dont know if anyone has tried but you could possibly put a 35hp carb from the same year the intake and exhaust tube are the same the difference being the leg and gearbox. IDK it is a possibility you may need to get a larger pitch prop?

already put the 35hp carb on it, got more speed for sure and have kept eye on the lower and gears and there has been no added wear on any of it, no shavings in lower gear oil or wear on gears etc....i was just wondering if i could get a mph or two more out of it but either way im very satisfied with the performance.....

timing light with a tach? wouldnt just a tachometer work alone? have not changed prop, 9 1/4x11 like i said its faster for sure but i can notice a slight change in sound at wot, im not real sure but i dont think its running as high rpm's as before carb change. now im curious what the rpm's are.......hp rating for the 25 is rated at 5000rpm with full throttle operating range being 4500-5500 rpm's and the 35 rated at 5500 rpm's with full throttle operating range being 5000-6000 rpm's. i agree i wanna be at 5200-5300 rpms i wouldnt wanna run at 5500 and be pushing it that hard...

Back