Logo

Suzuki 2hp Outboard Question

dadsbuckshot

First let me begin my saying this is my first post on this forum.

Second - I am very ignorant when it comes to boat motors etc...

Last year I purchased a 15 foot Gheenoe that needs a little work. I got a great price in this Gheenoe with a trailer, and this is my first ever boat of any type. So, as with many folks this day and age I am tight on money and am having to save some money for a few fiberglass repairs on the Gheenoe - PLUS find a motor.

Over Christmas I came across a 2hp Suzuki outboard for sale. The owner of the motor bought it at an estate sale and has never ran it. There is not even any trace of liquid in the tank. The motor does look "worn", but not extensive. I don't even know that it runs, but I feel that for the price of $300 it is a good deal. BUT what do I know because I am ignorant when it comes to boating. That is why I am here - give me your feedback on this motor and my intentions for the setup. $300 is the max of my price range now for a motor plus being able to repair the boat's fiberglass. Would you pay $300 for this engine not knowing if it runs in the condition that it's presented. The current owner is a very nice man - has no intentions of taking money just to get it, but we (I) have no way of testing this motor before purchase.

Input is greatly apprecaited on this motor (cost - is it worth it etc...) and the setup in general.

Remember I'm on a budget when your thinking of responses - Thanks.

Thank you!!! :cool:

Gheenoe 1 (850 x 638).jpgIMG_0406 (612 x 816).jpgIMG_0405 (612 x 816).jpg

That appears to be the " common " 2 hp motor.----It is marketed by Johnson / Evinrude / Mercury / Suzuki and perhaps others.-----All come out of the same factory and are painted different colours.-Nice little motor, just add gas / oil mixed at 50:1 and start it up in a large bucket of water.

Back