Logo

Question Re 1999 Johnson 130 hp BJ130PLEED Outboard Motor

pharlap

Hey Guys,

On my last trip out I noticed when I tilt my motor up, probably to about it's last 5 to 10% of it's full upward tilt capacity I have a small fuel leak/drip into my well pod, coming from the square rubber fuel boot area.

When I noticed it out on the water I tilted the motor back down, took the cover off it, and couldn't for the life of me find the leak. But as soon as I tilted it up again near to capacity there it was again.

I thought it may be a clamp or hose, or something pinching possibly the fuel filter when it is tilted, but no even back on land starting it up running it tilting it all the way up I can't see or find any leak know.

What am I missing, is there a common area the fuel may be coming from or what ?

if your motor is using the standard evinrude connector to the motor you may have a bad o-ring in it...also make sure the connector snaps in good...the little metal latch needs to seat in the groove...also keep in mind that when a motor has been running at hi rpm in the water and you stop it that the pressure may be higher in the fuel system than it is running at home....use the primer bulb to increase pressure and see if you can duplicate the leak...

Back