Logo

Check this out

shawnfish

Regular Contributor
have any of you visited this site www.outboardmotors-marine.com ? looks way to good to be true and it being in indonesia makes me have my doubts but with those prices i think id buy one just to re-sell it if i wasnt worried about getting ripped off some how...anywho what do you guys think?

Shipping $$$ ???Can't be cheap. Looked at it again,FREE SHIPPING!!!! Got 5-6g you can gamble with???

Last edited:
Shipping $$$ ???Can't be cheap. Looked at it again,FREE SHIPPING!!!! Got 5-6g you can gamble with???

the guy who told me about it said they've been around a long time so im gonna contact them and check into it....
im a johnny/rude guy but its tempting to try a flip!

You must remember that this company is in a " low tax " environment.-----------------Our economy here supports a huge system, if you know what that means.---------Know of a fellow who goes to that part of the world every winter and has for the last 15 years.-Says that a room at a small resort is $300 / month and food is cheap too.-----Cheaper than buying a winter coat.----Says he feels safer there than in big cities in North America.

Living in the area, familiar with the site. Watch out, some of the products may be marked: Not for sale in US. Check first with customs if you may get them in.

I sent an e-mail to their site asking if they accepted PayPal or credit cards. I'm wait for their reply.

i beleive they mean you cant sell them in the US, i think buying in US is ok but im checking...had the flu so havent had much time.

I sent 2 e-mails to their "Contact" address over a week ago and have not received a reply, and their "Live Chat" is disconnected. I question if they are even in business. Maybe Haffiman37 coud check it out and let us know?

I signed up for new letters and haven't got one yet, also created a log in account. My norton didn't through up any red flags. I did a yahoo map of the listed adderss and had a satalite view and was looking at a vacant lot. I also call all the phone #'s and nothing went through.

Well i got a responce I sent to their "Contact Us". I asked the question did they take Visa/American Express? They responded that payment was wire transfer. 20% when ordered was placed, 30% when they send tracking # and 50% once order was received. and a 14 day refund if products was damaged. I asked another question is products made here in the states was shiped from the manufacture or from them and did they have any warehouses in the states? So lets see what they come up with now.

Well Fatdaddy, that pretty much nails it, SCAM! As they say, "There ain't no Santa Claus". I guess your'e luckier than me, I still haven't got a response. LOL

Last edited:
Get this KCJ got a second response to the follow up question. they said shipping time to Louisiana USA was 7-8 days due to they didn't have a warehouse here in the states it would be shipping from their warehouse. I don't know if that is even possible, maybe if they put if on Fed-X can u image the cost of shipping a 300 merc. Anyhow I'll think of some other stupid question for them and see what else they come up with.

Well guys here's whats new. they sent me another e-mail asking if i was still interested or did i want to cancel. So I sent them another e-mail stating that I didn't think they were real and using there address got a satilite view and was looking at a empty lot! and called all the phone # and none went through. then I asked them 3 things. 1) provide a good address, 2) provide a good phone #, and 3) that i would have an associate in there area the second qtr of this year to meet with them to see about importing units to sell through my business. They reponded that the phone #'s were on and they did take PayPal. But no address or contact name. So the saga goes on and on. Hell if this is a scam (i hate those guys, just the 21st century of a theif) I'll scam the scamers!!

You got it going how Fatdaddy! This is more fun than TV. Did you ask about PayPal? I did, and have never had a response.

Yea KCJ they said that they did pay-pal on the last e-mail i got from them. Just got the google earth running and it also couldn't find the address they gave. I'll send another e-mail and tell them that is they want to business I need a current address and active phone #'s. Play them along for a bit more and see what happens!

There have been several sites similar to this that have tried posting ads in our classifieds section which we do not allow. They have all the signs of a scam, with prices too good to be true and payment by wire transfer being the biggest red flags.

Thanks Guys after a 2 page e-mail on what I would need to have before ordering several motors (I told them I could move 10-15 a QTR). I've had no responce. If you are looking for a good deal go the the Bass-Pro boating page and click on the re-power and shop the inventory. You have to check each store for what you are looking for. There are plenty of non-current motors that were take offs or just never sold off the showroom floor at some hell of a deals. Called Las-Vegas on a OPT 90 the lil lady said it was a take off and never reg with merc still have warranty and they would ship it to a store near me for no charge via there truck (7-10 days).

Anyhow had my self a lil fun with the scamers!!

Back