Logo

115 ocean runner wont trim up

silverarrow

[h=2]
icon1.png
115 Ocean runner wont trim up[/h]
I have a ocean runner 115 BJ115SXEDC, I think 1996. Today I did my holiday pre test. Raised my engine out of the travel bar and lowered it for test run. Ran the engine for a few minutes and went to raise it and it is dead.Swaped the relays, motor goes when switched down but not up using both relays. Goes down but not up using both controls. I relased the manual screw and raised the motor back up manually for transport. Checked all wiring conections and they seem to be fine. Have heaps of battery as motor started sweet as.Im stumped. THIS COULD SERIOUSLY EFFECT MY FISHING PLANS. Can anyone help, IT JUST WONT BE THE SAME USING MY 6HP AUX.
Cheers Silverarrow New Zealand​

this is for a two wire system....make sure you dont have low voltage (test coming out of relay) and make sure you got a good ground...

I posted the same problem a week ago. Luckily(or unluckily) I have a friend who found that the PDP was bad. Thats the Power Distribution panel where the fuses and relays are located. The large blue and green from the tilt-trim unit plug in there and one prong of the connector was not producing power. You might take a multimeter and check it. Bad news is that it lists at $398

Back