Logo

hello

Derek V

hello im new here and hate to introduce myself with a problem but i got a old seahorse that i got from an auction 2.5 hp and the starter spring unraveled on me. its not broken thankfully. i searched the forums and found a fairly detailed explaination on how to fix it on a merc. im not wrong to think i could follow the same directions for this johnson am i? thanks.

001_zps3c61c0bb.jpg

thats what im looking at

thanks, i ended up enlisting a second pair of hands and we just wound it up moving the hands around haha. a few squirts of wd-40 and it was pulling like it was new again. now to try and clean the carb up without pulling it apart if i can help it (i dont want to replace the gasket and worry about the needles and pins if i can avoid it). if i get it running soon enough then i may have to find some open water and try it out lol

thanks, i ended up enlisting a second pair of hands and we just wound it up moving the hands around haha. a few squirts of wd-40 and it was pulling like it was new again. now to try and clean the carb up without pulling it apart if i can help it (i dont want to replace the gasket and worry about the needles and pins if i can avoid it). if i get it running soon enough then i may have to find some open water and try it out lol

get some sea foam to clean it...

yah a 79..... 2R79A, im counting the list down, i got spark, fuel, just need to figure out the air now. not sure if theres too much or too little. its slightly frustrating and i may be at the point where i need someone who is doing it day in and day out to look at it

hey, sorry for the delayed reply, got back to work and seem to have only been there.
i put fresh mixed gas in (same gas we use in the chain saw, so i dont know for sure but i believe its 50:1)
i got the nice bright blue spark
i think it was a well taken care of motor, the guy had the company send him a parts catalog and had the orginal owners manuel thats all came with the motor.
also replaced the old crappy fuel line.

Back