Logo

merc 110 9.8 prop ?

Leroy22

i had my boat out today and it ran good across the lake but when comming back it ran but moved slow. im guessing the prop was slipping. i remember the shear pin and i think ive heard of a prop that would slip if you hit something. Im thinking that it stripped or something. when a prop on a 110 9.8 goes bad can it be fixed.

Or is there another possibility of what may be my problem?

Does the motor rev up and the boat won't go ?---------Have you checked to see if it running on both cylinders??-----------A competent prop shop can install a new hub.----------------------Test it before you jump and have this done !!----------Mark the hub and the prop and see if the marks have moved after a test run.

i had my boat out today and it ran good across the lake but when comming back it ran but moved slow. im guessing the prop was slipping. i remember the shear pin and i think ive heard of a prop that would slip if you hit something. Im thinking that it stripped or something. when a prop on a 110 9.8 goes bad can it be fixed.

Or is there another possibility of what may be my problem?

I was able to pull the prop and the splines of the prop are stripped. can this be fixed or is it cheaper to buy a prop?

Back