Logo

48 spl 1987

Not much to go by, but --------Any pictures ?---------Colours of the wires ?---------Is it the original powerhead ??----------------My guess is that it is for the VRO warning system and the 48 was not equipped with it from the factory.

At the engine? Or at the control box?

As per Racerone's reply, I too have no knowledge of a three wire electrical plug being included with the 48hp model.

He finds this at the back of the engine.-------------The 50 HP equipped with VRO and the 48 HP without VRO both use the same wiring harness.--Somebody maybe forgot to tape it over so you would not see it ??

ok , i will get a picture monday, the engine is in storage an hour away, and yes there is no VRO, i like that. the plug is back by the spark plugs and starter solenoid, not the power pack side. may its a plug for a tach.. will up date mon. afternoon

i'm back with a pic(took two but one has an error and won't load) . this is the plug, its in line between the red plug and were most of the wires go by terminal strip by the rectifier, the colors of the wires are black, light brown, and gray. also, if you can enlarge the pic, the brown goes back down the tee- off and comes out the main wire bundle( if enlarged, look by white half circle) and ends with the same connection (kife edge) as the temp. sensor that is connected to a brown wire. i'm getting the idea you maybe right about the same wire harness as the VRO 50 hp model.

Attachments

• 101_0107.jpg
    101_0107.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 54
With the plugs in the holes it indicates to me that this is for the VRO , which is not installed on your motor.-----End of a mystery.

Back