Logo

1981,Evinrude,25hp,Model#E25RCIM Spark Problem

I have a 1981,25hp Evinrude,Model#E25RCIM, that is firing on one cylinder only.I was driving back to boat dock wide open throttle when engine died suddenly.I had just replaced a charging coil under the flywheel reccently[last 6 months], to fix a firing on one cylinder problem.Can the coils [charge & sensor] be aligned without the use of a coil locating ring???The part is very expensive to buy, to use 1 or 2 times!!!Also replaced a ignition coil ,not sure which coil top or bottom???I was going to flip flop ignition coils to see if firing cylinder changed.If answer is yes, then I have a bad ignition coil!!!If answer is no, it could be charge and sensor coil are not positioned correctly on armature plate or power pak or sensor coil needs to be replaced, correct?? Could a power pak that fires on one cylinder still be good???I have a stockpile of used replacement parts obtained from old parts motors.But known if they work or not,I have a VOM meter,but lack confidence in interpeting meter reading results.I would like a 2nd person's opinion,knowledge,experience to tell me if I'm doing it correctly.Any advice or info, on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated "The SturgeonGeneral".

Back