Logo

evinrude 85995r wiring help

David Watters

hey guys, my first time here and needing a diagram for this motor. me and a friend of mine just went and grabbed a older model AMF crestliner for $150 with trailer lol but the guy was telling us that the orig motor blew so him and his dad put in the evinrude but never did anything with thr wiring. so i narrowed down the power and starter wires but no spark, so i just need to know what wires need to be connected to what to get spark so i can make sure it runs b4 we put any money into the rest of the boat

Actually the battery is not needed to get spark on that motor.------------This is all done by the maneto / flywheel ignition system.---------------With the big red plug pulled apart you can pull it over with a rope or jump the starter with boosters.----That should produce a spark that will jump a gap of 7/16" or more.----Easy test to do.

hmm ok well ill have to track down a different issue then, i figured it was a simple magneto motor so i jumped the starter with cables and spayed a little ether but nothing, and i pulled the plug after that and couldnt get a spark

Back