Logo

Suzuki 2007 250 Stalls out after 150 yards

tarpon230

I keep the boat on a lift in Florida, when I lower the lift the boat starts right up. I go slow down the canal about 150 yards and the boat stalls, every time. So I pump the ball and all is good again. So when it sits for long period I have the same problem. I already replaced the ball thinking it was leaking air in the system. Checked all the gas lines and all look good. Any suggestions?

There are several known quirks. In your case it does seem to be a fuel issue. Fuel lines fail from the inside coming outwards, so a visual inspection will not reveal much. Just go ahead and replace lines all the way from tank to seperator on motor. Next is much more difficult for some. Install a fuel pressure guage at the end of the fuel rail or somewhere in between. You will need a constant 30-35 PSI to operate properly. Next is one of my favorite failures. Look at the vapor seperator tank. The silver tank mounted on the port side of the unit, notice that smaller silicone rubber hose that goes up to and underneath the flywheel. That is to vent the V/S tank. Disconnect the line from the tank and run your unit to see if that does not resolve it. Thanks Martin

Back