Logo

28 hp.spl Evinrude 1991

Boots

Driving me crazy. I have replaced the power pack, coils, and moved them from under the flywheel to the out side of block also fuel pump kit. It has a prominent miss when you take off with just a little throttle. Passed that point it runs good. Starts good but when it gets warm coming into the dock and at that certain speed it will miss and some times cut off but starts back up. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks:mad:

I think you need to look at the synchronization of throttle and timing.-------------Sounds to me like throttle is open too early.-----------Look at the linkage ( wire rod ) from the tower shaft to the carburetor.---------That is often mis-adjusted by folks because it appears to be wrong.

I think you need to look at the synchronization of throttle and timing.-------------Sounds to me like throttle is open too early.-----------Look at the linkage ( wire rod ) from the tower shaft to the carburetor.---------That is often mis-adjusted by folks because it appears to be wrong.

Thanks for the advice and I will check it out.

Back