Logo

Impellor Stream Port Location

Neverhome

I just recently came into possession of an Evinrude 2 HP outboard. Not sure but appears to be manufactured somewhere between 1984 and 1987. Just guessing from numerals stamped on it. I cannot locate the cooling stream port and the individual I received it from said he never saw a stream but ran it and it never got hot. Is this possibly an air cooled engine or does it discharge underwater? I spoke with another individual who has a similar motor and he never noticed a discharge stream either.

Any input is will be appreciated.

Neverhome

It is water cooled !!---Likely it does not have a tell-tale.------The water comes out as a spray / mist from the small holes in the exhaust housing.--------If you do not know how old the impeller is you MUST install a new one or risk serious damage to the motor.

It is water cooled !!---Likely it does not have a tell-tale.------The water comes out as a spray / mist from the small holes in the exhaust housing.--------If you do not know how old the impeller is you MUST install a new one or risk serious damage to the motor.

Thank you. Good info. I have decided to take it to a marine mechanic for a full inspection and tune up with impeller.

Neverhome

Back