Logo

1998 OMC side mount control adj?

Mike Drelich

Replaced side panel and side mount throttle control (OMC) assembly after reupholstering my 2000 190 Four Winns Volvo 4.3GL. Upon throttling down to the neutral position, the engines idle speed remains at 1500 RPM. In order to reduce the RPM's and shift, I must work my hand behind the side panel and manually pull the throttle cable at the side mount control, just a touch. Once I shift and resume speed the engine will again remain at 1500 RPM's at the lowest throttle setting.

Never touched the engine so the problem must be with the side mounted control. Before I start taking things apart....again, I want to be absolutely certain that I can make the necessary adjustments to the control assembly in order to correct this problem. Appreciate any help I can get. Mike

Another post mentioned that a "friction screw" may be part of this remote. According to what I read this screw adjusts engine idle speed. Have no idea how it works but I'm going to take a close look tomorrow and see if there is such a thing. Thanks for your reply

Back