Logo

Live bait tank.

Tiburon_cuba

Hello there!
i am repairing my boat (just bought it) and i would like to know how to fill the live bait tank with water, i have a pump but does not connect to the through hull fitting, so only recirculate the water inside the tank. I have been searching on line and didnt find any video or site explaining how should be the system conected. My live bait tank has to plumbing connectors, one in one side and botton and the other in the other side and top.
any idea or advice would be very apreciated.
thanks in advance.
Boris.

Not enough information to answer your question...a lot will depend upon what you have and how it fits together. many different options are feasible, too.

For the most part, the minimum setup is to have a pump supplying 'new' water, at the top of the well, and to have an exit (discharge) from the bottom of the well. a recirculating system is usually in the options list. Plumbing options will depend upon where the well is mounted in the hull.

Thank you for your help, I am new to boating. I wasn't sure about the recirculating system but now with your advice I will set it up for sure.
Again, thank very much for your help.

Back