Logo

Own a 1983 DT140?

Peter Devil Ears

Regular Contributor
Hi, anyone own a DT140, like 1983 model? Please I need to know where 2 of the oil injection pipes are routed to, the service manual isn't usefull nor the micro fiche files. Thx

Hi, I am unfortunately in Johannesburg. Could you perhaps just tell me where the oil lines are routed? I know the bottom 3 cylinders get the oil lines from the oil pump directly, but it is the fourth oil line from the oil pump that I am not sure about, and the pipe from the bottom of the block, just below the bottom carb, that has a pipe that I also do not know where to connect. If you could have a look and tell me or perhaps take some pictures, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

All 4 lines come from the oil pump. If you stand in front of the motor facing the carbs, the oil pump will be on your right.Outlet in front of pump= oil bottle.Bottom right=back of bottom carb.Top right=back of top carb.Top left=back of carb no 2 from top.Bottom left=back of carb no 2 from bottom.The bleeder pipe from crankcase under the bottom carb,leads to the checkvalve at top of crankcase,just under the flywheel on port side of motor.Hope this helps.Regards Pieter.

Back