Logo

Best decal remover???

ryans01z28

Contributing Member
I need to remove all the pinstripe and decals off a boat and was wondering the best and quickest way to do it. I have a decal removal wheel from aircraft spruce but it's taking some time to do it all. I have half the boat done on one side and the wheel is 1/2 gone. I have a wide stripe I'm trying to take off so is there a chemical that would work better?? Thanks

Try a hot air gun...also known as a heat gun or a shirnk wrap gun.

just go slow and vary the heat setting and/or distance. remember, you can always keep the gun on a bit longer to "add" heat but you can never "take it away" once something start to burn.

If the local high school has a votech/career center, check in there...the teacher may be able to use your "task" as a real world project.

well tonight i remembered i had a 3m erase wheel in my tool box so i did a little test with the aircraft spruce erase wheel and the 3m. the pic on the left is the 3m that was used before i started my project on this boat and was alittle bit bigger than the NEW aircraft spruce wheel on the right
photo 1(3).jpg

i started with the aircraft spruce wheel and by the time i finished half the boat it was all used up. i grabbed the 3m wheel and did the other side and as u can see i have enough wheel to do about 5 more boats or more who knows. so hands down the 3m kicks the aircraft spruce wheels ass.
photo 2(3).jpg

Back