Logo

BF225 code 23

JSkiles

I've replaced all fuel filters,water seperator, oil, spark plugs a new impeller kit, both t-stats and after 3000 rpm the repeating buzzer goes off. The code is 23. I've reset it 4 or 5 time but it always comes back, even while the buzzer is going the engine runs fine, Hell it runs great. I've learned how to read and reset the codes from the forums plus where the hp filter is and so on, took some advice to mix a gallon of gas mixed with two cans of sea foam and run it threw to try and clean it internaly but still same results. Does anybody have any advice?

Code 23 is a faulty or disconnected knock sensor.

The knock sensor responds to spark knock caused by pre-detonation of the Air/Fuel mixture. This is caused by using a fuel with a low octane rating, overheating, or over-advanced timing. Sometimes it can be caused by hot carbon deposits on the piston or cylinder head that raise compression. A knock sensor is comprised of Piezoelectric materials; Crystals that when impacted, generate a voltage (same idea as a BBQ ignitor). This voltage is monitored by the computer, and when an irregularity is detected, the computer corrects timing in VVT (variable valve timing) engines, or triggers a DTC Diagnostic Trouble Code) in older vehicles. Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_a_knock_sensor_do#ixzz27I57H4nP

On the 225 the knock sensor is a bear to get to if it needs to be replaced. You need to remove the fuel rail and the head. However, first you need to make sure that the plug to the knock sensor is free of corrosion and the wire is not broken or grounded. I'm not exactly sure where the knock sensor wire and plug are, since I've never dug into that issue. The shop manual says it's a red/blue wire, so try tracing that wire from harness side of the 26-pin connector to the ECM (it will be on the end of the first row of pins - pin 7.)

Hopefully, some on else will chime in that has replaced one of those.

Well thank you so much for your input, looks like I've got some digging to do. I've seen the sensor from the top of the engine using a flash light, it's not gonna be fun to get to but eventually I get to it

Back