Logo

Bf 225 crankcase removal

Need to remove the crankcase cover to remove the rod and #6 piston the has been broken. Removed all bolts,wiring etc but cant seem to break it free. Seems like something toward the bottom end still has a hold on it. Just curious if there is something bolted thru the oil pan to the crankcase cover holding it on? As of right now my next move is to remove the lower unit to access the oil pan. Never been this deep into one of the motors any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have no experience doing what you are doing, but I looked at the Helm shop manual, and it talks about making sure you remove timing belt pully and the timing belt pully back cover. The diagram is not clear, but it appears that the timing belt back cover may be bolted to the block.

Anyway, I hope you have a Helm shop manual for doing this.

I do have a shop manual it talks about removing the power head from the lower unit was hoping not to have to do this but looks like I have no choice. I removed the timing belt already and I can get good seperation at the top of the crankcase cover but at the bottom I cant get any seperation at all. Would have been a much easier job if I could have got the crankcase cover off without messing with the lower end and the oil pan.ANYTHING i NEED TO AWARE OF BEFORE REMOVING LOWER UNIT AND MID SECTION? THANKS, ROB.

go ahead and change bearing on bottom of mid section while you have it off... rest of break down is straight forward

Back