Logo

1996 Suzuki 150 Outboard Misfiring Until Hot Unless I Play With The Trim

skyscanu

I have a 1996 Suzuki 150 outboard. When we first start going it misfires on 2 or 3 cylinders unless you play with the trim button, you have to move it up and down and up and down. After playing with the trim for about 5 to 10 minutes I can stop playing with the trim and it runs like a champ. I disconnected the controller trim back on the motor the pink and blue wires. It ran perfect, we went down the river into the bay, maybe 10-15 miles without a hitch. Anchored for about an hour and fished, starter it up and is was misfiring, I hooked the trim back up played with it and it ran fine as long as I played with the trim, after about 2 minutes of playing with the trim I didn’t have to play with it anymore, it ran fine, as we went through a NWZ I disconnected the trim wires on the motor again, it continued to run fine for another 4 to 6 miles until we go to the restaurant to eat dinner. We was there for about an hour and a half, started it up, misfiring again, in the dark I limped it back to the launch about a mile away loaded it up and brought it home. Any ideas, please help?

Back