Logo

Yamaha inboard question

gregga

Hey guys,

I have a stamas fishing boat with a yamaha 350 inboard (didnt even know yamaha made inboards honestly) boat sat for about a year before purchasing her and just got her fired up yesterday and she purs like a kitten. my problem is she is stuck in reverse. started looking at the shift cables and they look ok except for the one going into the outdrive. So I started pulling the outdrive to get to the shifter cable but I cant seem to get the drive off. took the 6 nuts off the drive and took the trim pistons off but the drive still wont pull off?? Any ideas?

you are describing a stern drive setup, not an inboard. it not uncommon for sterndrives to have a reverse latch system...that's the kind of stuff that will keep the drive from coming off easily...poor maintenance will also cause you untold grief trying to service them. try getting a manual (local library) to make sure you haven't misseda fastener or two...

Any luck with the drive?

I just had my 1st run in with a YAMS system - and well it came to kick @ ss

I found that I had to shim the gimbal to bell housing 3/16" in order to get it back on

After pulling the engine AGAIN!

Putting stringers in a Harris Flote Boat

Yamaha had a short venture to get into the sterndrive market.-----Actually used GM cast iron engines in their products.

Yamaha had a short venture to get into the sterndrive market.-----Actually used GM cast iron engines in their products.

Totally, this is a std Mercury 350 ci small block
Uses the same main Merc Wiring harness, same Thunderbolt 4 ignition system, same, same same......................

Totally, this is a std Mercury 350 ci small block
Uses the same main Merc Wiring harness, same Thunderbolt 4 ignition system, same, same same......................

Ayuh,.... If that's true, it ain't Original,....

'n,... Mercury builds Outboards,... Mercruiser does I/Os, 'n Inboards,...

MerCruiser is now in FonDuLac
- moved 2010 from Stillwater OK and Came home here to our office/location

Back