Logo

Honda BF4O LRTU

crofterbill

I have twin fuel injection 40's on my boat, and the alarm goes off one one of them after about a minutes running, except at 5000 + rpm when its not an issue. put the computer on it and was told it was the oxygen sensor, swapped the sensors over between engines and sure enough the problem moved over to the other engine. Anyone any ideas as to why? The expensive honda mechanic with his computer told me the part number for a sensor was 35655-225-004 but no suppliers on the net seem to recognise this code. Can I unplug the sensor and run the engine safely like that, as the alarm continually sounding off is driving me to the point of damaging something.

Try 35655-ZZ5-004. There are two different ones depending on serial number. The other one is 35655-ZY3-C01.

The ZZ5 is for the earlier model.

If you disconnect it, the alarm should sound.

Mike

Try 35655-ZZ5-004. There are two different ones depending on serial number. The other one is 35655-ZY3-C01.

The ZZ5 is for the earlier model.

If you disconnect it, the alarm should sound.

Mike

the serial number is BF40D bbdj1003793 Which I bought new in 2010, looks like the guys handwriting wasn't too sharp and i've mistaken the Z's for 2's

the serial number is BF40D bbdj1003793 Which I bought new in 2010, looks like the guys handwriting wasn't too sharp and i've mistaken the Z's for 2's

That is the part number that goes with your serial number.

I assume you are not in the USA from the U in the model number. My literature does not list what the U stands for. A is for USA; C is for Canada; D is for Europe.

Is it possible that your unit is still under warranty? All units purchased after July1, 2008 in the USA had 5 years warranty. Even if you have a 3 year warranty, you still should be covered.

Mike

Back