Logo

8HP Kicker Not Peeing

kyburzca

Not sure if that's an appropriate title but, that's what I've always called it. My 8HP Kicker has been sitting around inside and only has about one hours use. I posted it on CL for sale and then went to start it. It started up just fine and everything was looking good. Then I noticed no pee. I quickly shut down and readjusted the water supply. It started up again but, soon stopped. Okay, so now what shall I do? It's there a way to clear the passageway? Do I assume something it clogging it or is the water pump malfunctioning? Why would it....it's a new motor...basically. right? Okay, I'm all ears.

") Randy

Okay, so...it was operator error. I pushed the water supply unit (don't know the technical name) tight against the water inlet on the motor and it peed like a race horse. No input needed on this post. Sorry for spinning you guys up.

Randy

That is why I absolutely dislike the "earmuff" type hose adapters for running. I ALWAYS use a test tank (trash can) because you don't run into this issue doing it that way. The water pump can be EASILY damaged if it runs dry, even for a few seconds and even if it is new. Glad you figured it out before that happened.

God....me too. I did read something about that and that freaked me out when no pee was happening. I've always used a test tank on my smaller motor but, I decided to try this method. Poor choice. That's all I needed to do is screw up a brand new condition motor when I'm trying to sell it. Thanks for your response.

R

Back