Logo

Can the Throttle control cause my engine to die?

jranderson

Here's my problem. ''91'' Mirage 217 Intruder, Volvo Penta DP-B Outdrive, 454 engine. The Remote control is a Quicksilver model I belive is A25,A26,A27 console mounted with trim button. The engine runs awesome, no problem starting and reving with the neutral button pushed in. Sometimes when at the dock trying to manuver around going into forward or reverse the enigne just dies. Starts right back up with the neutral button pushed in. Seems to be getting worse? It does have a electric fuel pump and 2 filters, both have been tested. Is there a electrical conection or starter switch in the Control that would cause this engine to die?:confused:

Here's my problem. ''91'' Mirage 217 Intruder, Volvo Penta DP-B Outdrive, 454 engine. The Remote control is a Quicksilver model I belive is A25,A26,A27 console mounted with trim button. The engine runs awesome, no problem starting and reving with the neutral button pushed in. Sometimes when at the dock trying to manuver around going into forward or reverse the enigne just dies. Starts right back up with the neutral button pushed in. Seems to be getting worse? It does have a electric fuel pump and 2 filters, both have been tested. Is there a electrical conection or starter switch in the Control that would cause this engine to die?:confused:

Naw, there shouldn't be,....

but then again, you've got a Merc controller, 'n a Volvo driveline, so it's hard to say, just how things were cobbed together...

Back