Logo

Monark-Crescent 25HP outboard

Bill Turk

Hi all,
I have a 25HP Monark-Crescent outboard. I am looking for any info that I can get relating to it. Does anybody know where I can purchase a service manual for it or does anyone have any diagrams that may be of assisstance to me. It appears to be stuck in forward and all that I have been told is that something is broken in the gearbox. Would like to remove the gearbox and take a look at it but don't know how to proceed. Any help would be very much appreciated. The model number and serial numbers are

Model No - 3179
Serial No - 2551036

Regards
Bill:confused:

Hi Bill
i know just what your problem is, in the foot where your dog tooth clutch is, there is a gear selecter, I would say this has either broken or come off the gearshift rod, good luck in finding one though I have just had to buy a whole engine thankfully it was all in pieces, so I just had to fit it I'm trying to get some made up from a friend of
mine who is a engineer, if I can get some made up I will help you out,but you may be able to weld it hoe this helps
regards Duane ,
Hi all,
I have a 25HP Monark-Crescent outboard. I am looking for any info that I can get relating to it. Does anybody know where I can purchase a service manual for it or does anyone have any diagrams that may be of assisstance to me. It appears to be stuck in forward and all that I have been told is that something is broken in the gearbox. Would like to remove the gearbox and take a look at it but don't know how to proceed. Any help would be very much appreciated. The model number and serial numbers are

Model No - 3179
Serial No - 2551036

Regards
Bill:confused:

Hi Duane,
Thanks for responding to my plea for help. Unfortunately, I should have updated my post. Since posting, I'm afraid the engine has now gone to the great breakers in the sky. After obtaining a new part for it, I tried to do a few more improvements to the engine and in doing so, I ended up cracking the whole shell of the motor. I now have it advertised on a few sites as spares.
Again, thanks for taking the time to respond and for your offer of help. Very nice gesture
Regards
Bill Turk

Back