Logo

Suzuki DF60: RPMs limited to 3000, no alarms or lights

brian__c

Contributing Member
My 2005 Suzuki DF60 seems like it has engaged the caution system, but I don't see any light or alarms. The engine starts fine (all lights flash on, buzzer sounds briefly), but it starts to stutter as soon as I hit 3000rpms (even when in neutral). I ran into a similar problem earlier in the season, but the oil light was on and the reset sequence fixed that one. Any ideas?

In nuetral there is an input to the ECU limiting RPM------------------Perhaps that switch is sticky, telling the ECU that it is still in nuetral when in fact it is in gear.-------Find and check that switch.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I was reproducing the problem when I was rev'ing the engine in Neutral, but I guess the engine was working as designed. I'll find that switch and see if its sticking.

Thanks again.

Racerone,
You nailed it. I found the Neutral switch on the starboard side of the motor, near the oil filter. I removed it and found that, as you suspected, it was sticking. I sprayed it repeatedly with WD40 and CRC Lubricant and it loosened up. The engine is running fine now. I ordered a new switch and will install it this weekend. I saw that the original switch was obsoleted and replaced (new part no. 37721-99E01), so I guess I'm not the first one to have this problem.

Thanks again,

Back